DWNZ + Comms Council | Unconscious Bias Workshop
Posted 3 September 2019.
Unconscious bias is the enemy of diversity, subtly undermining the hours of time organisations invest in developing an inclusive culture.
Diversity Works New Zealand Unconscious Bias Workshop
The Comms Council, in partnership with Diversity Works New Zealand are pleased to announce a tailored Unconscious Bias training session for members.
In this 90-minute session, participants will gain an understanding of the neuroscience underpinning unconscious bias and the impact biases can have on leadership effectiveness, workplace interactions, communication and decision-making. Through discussion-based learning, participants will learn how to identify how we can recognise bias in ourselves as individuals and leaders; and begin to explore the strategies to create change, build new neural connections and help manage and mitigate unconscious bias.
• Gain an understanding of the neuroscience underpinning unconscious bias
• Learn to identify their own unconscious biases and those of others
• Look at the impact unconscious bias has in the workplace
• Discuss examples of best practice from global and local leaders
• Discover ways to challenge their thinking and build new neural connections
• Get strategies to manage and mitigate bias as individuals, groups and organisations
Click here to learn more about your Facilitator, Dr. Guillermo Merelo - Diversity Manager, DWNZ
Date: Wednesday 9 October 2019
Time: Arrive 7:30am for a light breakfast + T / C | Workshop from 8:00am - 9:30am
Venue: Crowne Plaza Auckland | The Victoria Room - Level 6
Ticket Price: $100 + GST
To purchase tickets, please email: email@example.com
Diversity Works New Zealand help New Zealand organisations do diversity and inclusion well, and to do well because of it. Jointly established by government and employers as the Equal Employment Opportunities Trust in 1992, DWNZ are New Zealand’s only national body giving trusted advice across all diversity dimensions.