Foundations of Advertising and Media Course | Comms Council & AUT
Posted 6 December 2019.
To register interest for 2020, please email Moira Love: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Comms Council / AUT Foundations of Advertising and Media Programme is a comprehensive course which covers the fundamentals of the advertising and media agency world. The course is now regarded as one of the most valuable and effective courses for those with fewer than two years’ experience. The course will be underpinned academically by AUT and is supported with presentations and case studies from industry experts and leaders. Places are limited to 40 and we anticipate all places will be filled quickly.
DUE TO HIGH DEMAND THIS COURSE IS ONLY AVAILABLE TO COMMS COUNCIL MEMBERS.
The twelve week course includes the following modules:
History and Context - the organisational and industry structure + functions of creative and media agencies
Brand Stewardship - critically reviews the concept of brands, new developments in branding theory and understanding of the consumer/brand relationship
Media - the world of media and emerging trends
Creative - the creative process
Digital - the impact of digital on advertising and media
CRM - the value and significance of client relationship management
Integrated Marketing Communications - integration of marketing communications and brand stewardship along all channels
Agency Business - the importance of revenue generation and managing profitability
CEO Forum - agency leadership and challenges with ‘a view from the top.’
The course is targeted at a junior level audience e.g. agency Graduates, Media Assistants, Account Managers and Planners and marketing people with 1 - 3 years’ experience, or those interested in the advertising and media agency world as a career step.
- Commencement date: Date TBC - June 2020 for all attendees with an opening function and this is followed by weekly presentations and interactive exercises from industry leaders and AUT lecturers during the course
- As this is a university course, participants are required to attend all modules and complete all assignments. Agencies must be prepared to release their participants every Tuesday in time for a 5pm start, and to be given reasonable time to complete the assignment processes
- Assessment includes two assignment components which are led by AUT – full details will be given during the course
- At the end of the course, a Comms Council/AUT Certificate of Completion, potentially with Merit or Honours, will be presented to those who have successfully completed all Comms Council/AUT requirements
- Participants are required to attend all the modules on a weekly basis and complete the assignments. Should the participant not be able to attend a module - it is expected that an email be sent advising Comms Council of their absence. Failure to attend the modules or contribute to the assignments will exclude the participant from receiving the Comms Council/AUT qualification completion certificate
- A closing function including participant presentation of their group assignments and completion certificates will take place on Date TBC - September 2020 - this is a ‘must attend’ for agency managers! Traditionally participants have exceeded all expectations during the presentation process and this is an occasion to celebrate their work and dedication.
- Investment – Comms Council graduates receive this course as part of the Comms Council Graduate Placement Programme. Comms Council Members, individuals/non Comms Council graduates will be charged $2300.00 plus GST pp.
South Island, Wellington and Hamilton Comms Council Industry Members will be charged $500.00 plus GST pp. This will cover costs for remote access via Skype and the use of the Logitech camera, microphone and AV Technician.
We strongly encourage all participants to attend the following dates:
- Opening Function - Date + Venue TBC (June 2020)
- CEO Forum - Date + Venue TBC (September 2020)
- Final Function/Presentation Evening - Date + Venue TBC (September 2020)
Full details of the course including dates, will be sent to participants and their managers.
Feedback from this year’s course is extremely positive and participants have spoken of the genuine value they gained by attending. Contact Marlen Smith - email@example.com
The Commercial Communications Council gratefully acknowledges the significant contribution and support from AUT, industry leaders/contributors, agency hosts, MultiMedia and media partners.
For inquiries, email firstname.lastname@example.org
To download the 2019 brochure, click here