Comms Council Presents Peter Field Effectiveness Workshop
Posted 1 March 2017.
Join Peter Field for a practical, interactive half-day workshop on 22nd March
Peter Field is a globally recognised expert in Advertising Effectiveness, with his work earning immense regard worldwide.
Peter has co-authored many highly respected marketing texts, including: Marketing in the Era of Accountability, The Long & The Short of it and Brand Immortality. He is also an author of the world’s leading online qualification for advertising effectiveness, the IPA Eff Test, available exclusively in New Zealand as part of the CAANZ professional development programme.
The workshop will cover updates around the principles of effectiveness - including strategy development, accountability, how to demonstrate your campaign is working, and a review of social media evaluation and how to improve it.
Key learnings include:
1. The principles of effectiveness:
- Getting the right objectives
- Effectiveness in a changing media landscape – are the rules changing?
- How established and new media work best
- How brand-building and sales activation differ and how to balance them
- Why emotional and fame campaigns build long-term success
- The power of creativity
- How short-termism is undermining effectiveness and what needs to be done about it
- Getting the right metrics
- The dangers of ROI
2. The principles of evaluation:
- Constructing the framework
- Evaluation without econometrics
- Improving social media evaluation
- Common mistakes and weaknesses
- Seminal examples of evaluation
Peter will offer a combination of content, case studies, Q&A, plus interactive exercises over 4.5 hours.
Who should attend?
Strategic planners, Senior Account Managers/Directors, curious types from all agency disciplines with at least 4 years’ experience looking to add value to client relationships. Brand/Marketing Managers looking to improve the effectiveness and ROI of their marketing and comms. This course is a must for anyone who has completed or is currently studying the IPA Eff Test.
Date: Wed 22nd March, 2017
Time: 8.30am - 1pm
Venue: TVNZ, 100 Victoria St West, enter through reception
On-site parking not available. Closest parking is at Sky City, taxis are recommended
Members - $495 +GST p/p
Non-members - $695 +GST p/p
For further information contact Marlen Smith, CAANZ Industry Development Manager:
P: 09 303 0435
Book now, as places are limited. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to register.
Please advise any dietary requirements.
Invoices will be sent by CAANZ.
CAANZ gratefully acknowledges TVNZ for providing the venue and catering for this workshop.