2018 Comms Council/AUT Foundations of Advertising & Media Course
Posted 14 February 2017.
Start Date: Tuesday 12th June, 2018 12 week course
The Comms Council / AUT Foundations of Advertising and Media Programme is a comprehensive course which covers the fundamentals of the advertising and media agency world. The course is now regarded as one of the most valuable and effective courses for those with fewer than two years’ experience. The course will be underpinned academically by AUT and is supported with presentations and case studies from industry experts and leaders. Places are limited to 40 and we anticipate all places will be filled quickly.
DUE TO HIGH DEMAND THIS COURSE IS ONLY AVAILABLE TO COMMS COUNCIL MEMBERS.
The twelve week course includes the following modules:
History and Context - the organisational and industry structure and functions of creative and media agencies
CRM - the value and significance of client relationship management
Brand Stewardship - critically reviews the concept of brands, new developments in branding theory and understanding of the consumer/brand relationship
Creative - the creative process
Media - the world of media and emerging trends
Integrated Marketing Communications - integration of marketing communications and brand stewardship along all channels
Overall Agency Business - the importance of revenue generation and managing profitability
Digital - the impact of digital on advertising and media
CEO Forum ad leaders In New Zealand - agency leadership and challenges with ‘a view from the top.’
The course is targeted at a junior level audience e.g. agency Graduates, Media Assistants, Account Managers and Planners and marketing people with 1 - 3 years’ experience, or those interested in the advertising and media agency world as a career step.
- Commencement date: Tuesday 12th June for all attendees with an opening function and this is followed by weekly presentations and interactive exercises from industry leaders and AUT lecturers during the course
- As this is a university course, participants are required to attend all modules and complete all assignments. Agencies must be prepared to release their participants every Tuesday in time for a 5pm start, and to be given reasonable time to complete the assignment process
- Assessment includes two assignment components which are led by AUT – full details will be given during the course
- At the end of the course, a Comms Council/AUT Certificate of Completion, potentially with Merit or Honours, will be presented to those who have successfully completed all Comms Council/AUT requirements
- Participants are required to attend all the modules on a weekly basis and complete the assignments. Should the participant not be able to attend a module - it is expected that an email be sent advising Comms Council of their absence. Failure to attend the modules or contribute to the assignments will exclude the participant from receiving the Comms Council/AUT qualification completion certificate
- A closing function including participant presentation of their group assignments and completion certificates will take place on Wednesday 19th September 2018 at AUT, Sir Paul Reeves Building - this is a ‘must attend’ for agency managers! Traditionally participants have exceeded all expectations during the presentation process and this is an occasion to celebrate their work and dedication.
- Investment – Comms Council graduates receive this course as part of the Comms Council Graduate Placement Programme. Comms Council Members, individuals/non Comms Council 2018 graduates will be charged $2100.00 plus GST pp.
South Island, Wellington and Hamilton Comms Council Industry Members will be charged $500.00 plus GST pp. This will cover costs for remote access via Skype and the use of the Logitech camera, microphone and AV Technician.
We strongly encourage all participants to attend the following dates:
- Opening Function - Tuesday 12th June, Longroom,114 Ponsonby Road, Ponsonby, Auckland
- CEO Forum - Tuesday 11th September - Vikki Lane Bar & Kitchen, 151 Victoria Street West, Auckland 1010
- Final Function/Presentation Evening - Wednesday 19th September - AUT
Full details of the course including dates, will be sent to participants and their managers.
Feedback from this year’s course is extremely positive and participants have spoken of the genuine value they gained by attending. Contact Marlen Smith - firstname.lastname@example.org
The Commercial Communications Council gratefully acknowledges the significant contribution and support from AUT, industry leaders/contributors, agency hosts, MultiMedia and media partners.
For inquiries, email email@example.com
Feedback from past participants:
“I found it very valuable to learn about the media side of advertising, as I’m not usually exposed to that directly.”“It gave me the opportunity to talk to senior leaders in my agency, who I would never normally have the opportunity to chat with in such detail, and provided with very valuable insights for my own career.”
“Hearing from all the speakers throughout the industry was great!”
“The most valuable learning I took from the Foundations Course was definitely the resource and access to some of the industry’s best minds.”
“100% would recommend!”
- See Comms Council Terms & Conditions here.