The MAChINE™ Workshop - Dr Wayne Lotherington
Posted 20 March 2018.
If you are interested in this, or any of our courses, please contact your manager.
An agency in Singapore calculated that approximately 35% of the Creative Department’s time was spent on re-working the creative after their initial idea was rejected by the client. And that’s without counting the time of Planners and Suits, the effects on the quality of work approved or the impact on the motivation of the team. So imagine the value of selling your creative first time around.
The MAChINE has been one of Wayne’s most popular and effective courses for anyone who has to sell creative plans and ideas to their client.
His two day course offers not only content but the process of deconstructing an actual piece of work and using the ‘tools’ he provides to build the solutions and the confidence to deliver the creative work to the client.
The MAChINE works
When faced with the creative product, clients tend to focus on the ‘WHY NOT’ to approve as they are afraid of making a mistake.
Wayne’s methodology shows agency people exactly what to say (and what not to say) in order to overcome that fear. The MAChINE helps clients recognise WHY the creative does the job for them. It reduces subjectivity and gives sound business reasons to approve the work. In doing so it forces attention on the Idea rather than the Execution.
Imagine the benefits to selling your work first time around…
- Better creative work will be approved, helping the clients’ business and your reputation
- More satisfaction for your staff when their best ideas are sold
- Cost savings, because you reduce the amount of re-work. This alone will save you the cost of the workshop when you sell just one campaign that would otherwise have been rejected.
Recommended for those who sell communication concepts or marketing ideas, including Account Management, Creative and Media people with a minimum of 2 years’ experience.
What people have said after attending:
- Thank you so much, learnt a lot from your techniques but also your personal style of public speaking. Steph
- Absolutely loved it, even from a media background, it was great to be able to see the creative process. Ashleigh
- Ridiculously accurate insight into persuasion. Nick
- Enlightening, inspiring and very memorable. Dan
- Stimulating, illuminating, practical, a shake-up! Jamie
- The best course I have ever attended! Mark and Viv
Monday 11th & Tuesday 12th June
Time: 8.30am - 5.00pm
Venue: World Champions Room, Heritage Hotel, 35 Hobson Street
Course materials, refreshments and lunch included for both days.
Comms Council members: $1500 + GST
Non-members: $2300 + GST
Register your interest by emailing email@example.com
Please provide full name, position, and contact details of attendees- and advise any special dietary requirements
Full details available from Marlen Smith – Comms Council Industry Development Manager firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone 09 303 0435
Comms Council Terms & Conditions apply.