The MAChINE™ and Creative Connections Workshops - Dr Wayne Lotherington
Posted 20 December 2016.
If you are interested in this, or any of our courses, please contact your manager.
REGISTER YOUR INTEREST
Click here to download the 2016 course information
An agency in Singapore calculated that approximately 35% of the Creative Department’s time was spent on re-working the creative after their initial idea was rejected by the client. And that’s without counting the time of Planners and Suits, the effects on the quality of work approved or the impact on the motivation of the team. So imagine the value of selling your creative first time around.
Wayne’s Selling Creative workshop, named “The MAChINE” has been one of his most popular and effective courses for Creative people, Account Management, Planners and Media.
His two day course offers not only content but the process of deconstructing an actual piece of work and using the ‘tools’ he provides to build the solutions and the confidence to deliver the creative work to the client.
The MAChINE works
When faced with the creative product, clients tend to focus on the ‘WHY NOT’ to approve as they are afraid of making a mistake.
Wayne’s methodology shows agency people exactly what to say (and what not to say) in order to overcome that fear. The MAChINE helps clients recognise WHY the creative does the job for them. It reduces subjectivity and gives sound business reasons to approve the work. In doing so it forces attention on the Idea rather than the Execution.
Imagine the benefits to selling your work first time around…
- Better creative work will be approved, helping the clients’ business and your reputation
- More satisfaction for your staff when their best ideas are sold
- Cost savings, because you reduce the amount of re-work. This alone will save you the cost of the workshop when you sell just one campaign that would otherwise have been rejected.
Recommended for those who sell communication concepts or marketing ideas, including Account Management, Creative and Media people with a minimum of 2 years’ experience.
What people have said after attending:
- Thank you so much, learnt a lot from your techniques but also your personal style of public speaking. Steph
- Absolutely loved it, even from a media background, it was great to be able to see the creative process. Ashleigh
- Ridiculously accurate insight into persuasion. Nick
- Enlightening, inspiring and very memorable. Dan
- Stimulating, illuminating, practical, a shake-up! Jamie
- The best course I have ever attended! Mark and Viv
Creative Connections™ Workshop
In this more competitive world it is clear that the real difference between businesses lies in the people and in the brainpower they can apply to their jobs.
Unfortunately our school systems and our business structures often stifle the creativity of our people. People often look for ways to play safe, minimize risk, and protect themselves rather than look for opportunities to do things in new ways.
It is management’s responsibility to ensure that they are encouraged to contribute new ideas, develop improved business procedures, forge effective working
relationships, and develop innovative marketing methods.
Encouraging / Doing
Of course there’s a huge gap between encouraging creativity and actually seeing creativity in action. Often the missing link is simply that people do not know how to be creative. Creative Thinking, contrary to popular belief, can be taught. Our creative thinking workshop can help your people develop creative thinking skills they can apply on the job every day. We show how to do it fast and effectively.
- To understand the nature of creativity and its application to business life
- To recognize the necessity of creative thinking to building a competitive business
- To build confidence in participants’ ability to think creatively
- To provide the tools that will enable them to think creatively when faced with business problems or opportunities
- To enable participants to use the tools of creative thinking with their everyday jobs
- To gain commitment from participants to apply creative thinking on the job.
The workshop is based on Wayne Lotherington’s book “How Creative People Connect”. The theme is “connect the dots”. Because that’s what creative thinking really is.
- What is creativity? What is innovation?The Self Talks of creativity
- How the creative mind works
- A range of creative thinking tools that can be applied on the job
- Practice sessions and live cases.
Special attention given to Media Ideas and Advertising Ideas
This workshop is relevant to all involved in generating Ideas for Clients, the Agency or their team. The ideal number of participants is up to 16.
The MAChINE™: Monday 26th & Tuesday 27th June
Creative Connections: Thursday 29th & Friday 30th June (TBC)
Course materials, refreshments and lunch included for both days.
Register your interest by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Please provide full name, position, and contact details of attendees- and advise any special dietary requirements
Full details available from Marlen Smith –CAANZ Industry Development Manager email@example.com
Phone 09 303 0435
CAANZ Terms & Conditions apply.