Ignore the rules at your own risk: Health & Safety Seminar
Posted 19 October 2017.
Essential Health & Safety update for all event organisers.
As the experiential channel continues to grow it has become increasingly important for brand events and activations to not only deliver compelling and effective experiences, but to do them safely and within health and safety requirements.
Recent changes to NZ’s health and safety legislation have also put a focus on events and activations compliance of the new codes of conduct, with many operators unsure of the implications of these changes and how they affect the production of experiential activations and its relation to consumers and participants.
In order to bridge the knowledge gap with the busy spring and summer activation period upon us, the Comms Council PR, Social and Experiential Committee will be running a free breakfast seminar focusing on the specific health and safety requirements of experiential activations.
What will be covered?
• Discussion on the changes to the legislation and how it relates to activations from a legal standpoint
• Showcase best practice from an event or site owners perspective
• Hear from the production industry on how they keep health and safety as a priority
• How to manage events safely.
• Sarah-Lee Stead - Senior Associate Kensington Swan, who will talk to the legal requirements of the new H&S legislation
• Greg Skinner - Director at Rollercoaster and Event Safe
• Ray Calcutt - Senior Health and Safety Advisor, Events at Regional Facilities Auckland who will be showcasing best practice from their perspective
Who is it for?
This update is for those that are responsible for the health and safety of people who work for you (including volunteers), your attendees (whether public, or invited guests) and contractors at your events.
Date: Thursday, 9 November 2017
Time: 7.30am for a light breakfast (croissants, fruit, plus tea & coffee). 8am start and 9am conclusion
Venue: Kensington Swan offices, 18 Viaduct Harbour Ave, Auckland, 1010
Cost: Free to all Comms Council members or EMANZ members / $50 (plus GST) for other interested parties.
Confirm your place by Tuesday, 2 November 2017.
RSVP: by 2 November Please provide full name, position, and contact details of attendees - and advise any special dietary requirements to:
Katie Ward, Comms Council Events Coordinator
M: +64 22 176 2997
P: +64 9 303 0435
Agencies/clients will be invoiced by the Commercial Communications Council under normal terms of trade.
For more information please contact Marlen Smith, Comms Council Industry Development Manager
P: 021 272 9998
We gratefully acknowledge Health & Safety Partner Grant Nicholson and Kensington Swan for their support.